Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Core Infinity listening impressions and comparisons
(21-Jan-2018, 19:13)Music or sound Wrote:
(21-Jan-2018, 15:57)midi Wrote:
(20-Jan-2018, 23:57)Pim Wrote: I just had a look at their line up. Even their top of the line server only has USB or Ethernet outputs. So my question to you is how are you planning to connect it up and, once you've run it for a while, how does it stack up to Roon / AIR?

Edit: Just dug a bit deeper and found all but the base model have dual Ultra Low Noise Ethernet ports so you could possibly connect one to your router for the rest of the house and one straight to the Devialet. That should increase the SQ of AIR, IF, and that's a big IF, it works that way.

Looking forward to your findings @midi

Yes, the INNUOS only has USB/Ethernet outputs. But you can use the INNUOS as a ROON core/server (yes core !) or bridge over the network.

I want to use it first via USB on my Expert CI (with a new better USB performance) and iPeng. INNUOS is recommending this connection.

For the moment I am not planning to run it with ROON (my license is running out), even if it would be attractive to use the INNUOS as a ROON core. I would like to go with Qobuz - this isn´t possible with ROON.

You can also use the INNUOS as an UPnP device in the network, with an UPnP app. I want to use this to play music to my Phantoms in the system. The problem is, that there is no perfect UPnP app for this (nothing with Qobuz integration). Without an app it isn´t possible to play music, because the Devialet´s don´t show the INNUOS as an UPnP device.

Third it´s possible to use the INNUOS as Sonos library. I want to use this for my kids and their Sonos devices.

It is possible to use all this three ways simultaneously - I think this is great.

I was auditioning a Zenith II over the holidays and hopefully mine will arrive next week. The demo unit had Roon installed but I also used iPeng on my old iPad (which does not work with the Roon remote app) and found to function well too. Using Roon with my phone worked but I was not convinced that investing in Roon gives me any real benefit.
I was using USB too (D250 pro CI) but I am still interested to know how ethernet would work and sound but I was very satisfied with the sound quality of the USB connection.
I am using Spotify and Spotify connect via WiFi streaming direct to my expert sounded quite better than having the Innuos in between.

Mmmhhh. Using Spotify via Wifi direct streaming sounded "quite better" than with the INNUOS and iPeng via USB ?

If this would be the same with Qobuz Sublime+/Tidal and the INNUOS/iPeng via USB, I would be unsure. I want to use one system, one app and with one signal way. I don´t want to use iPeng/USB for streaming my library and WLAN for a streaming service. I remember a INNUOS review, there was the mention also the streaming services are sounding very good via USB.

Did you tested other streaming services (with better SQ and resolution) than Spotify ?

If this is your mention, what is the reason for you to buy the INNUOS ?
Formerly Devialet 220PRO CI, Magico A3, 2 Gold Phantoms, Dialog/Raspberry PI2 Digi+, ROON Rock NUC8i3, Bluesound Powernode 2i, B&W 607, Audirvana

Messages In This Thread
RE: Core Infinity listening impressions and comparisons - by midi - 21-Jan-2018, 22:40