Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Core Infinity listening impressions and comparisons
I only tried Spotify connect as it is presently the only one to work direct with a wifi router. The computer/ipad/phone serves only UI function. One can completely shut down down the computer once an album is started and it will play to the end of the album (I did not try a playlist).
Spotify is only 320mp3 and therefore limited sound quality wise but it was definitely better sounding when having nothing else in the chain.
I hope that the same path will be possible in the future with Qobuz etc. and at 16/44.1 but I guess its waiting for Devialet. I hope that higher streaming rates can equally well handled by the CI wifi.
I still listen to CDs but through the Innuos is the first time rips sounded much better than my transport and many albums in my collection I can not find (yet) through streaming. I will also continue to get High Res downloads and think through the Innuos I will get the best sound quality. I am not very positive that streaming High res will be something I am interested in especially if it is dominated by MQA.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Core Infinity listening impressions and comparisons - by Music or sound - 22-Jan-2018, 00:14