Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Core Infinity listening impressions and comparisons
(22-Jan-2018, 18:12)maxijazz Wrote: I signed up to beta program and tested Spotify Connect "direct" over weekend. While implementation is still having quirks (problem with buffering resolved by D220 restarts, slow operations at times, problems with initial connection between D220 and iPhone) the sound quality was much better, in my ears, than from Spotify on Raspberry Pi3 (with HiFiberry Digi+ over Coax) or Spotify on Mac (over Devialet Air). Much surprised, I really enjoyed it.

Two people isn't much of a sample but if it's true that Spotify sounds better direct then there's a good chance Tidal will too (once they get that going). That's good news.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Core Infinity listening impressions and comparisons - by Pim - 22-Jan-2018, 22:27