Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Core Infinity listening impressions and comparisons
(22-Jan-2018, 22:27)Pim Wrote:
(22-Jan-2018, 18:12)maxijazz Wrote: I signed up to beta program and tested Spotify Connect "direct" over weekend. While implementation is still having quirks (problem with buffering resolved by D220 restarts, slow operations at times, problems with initial connection between D220 and iPhone) the sound quality was much better, in my ears, than from Spotify on Raspberry Pi3 (with HiFiberry Digi+ over Coax) or Spotify on Mac (over Devialet Air). Much surprised, I really enjoyed it.

Two people isn't much of a sample but if it's true that Spotify sounds better direct then there's a good chance Tidal will too (once they get that going). That's good news.

I also signed up for Spotify premium to test Spotify connect premium. I am not a Spotify fan, but after some test, I must say that this would be a great solution, simple and fast. Working with the Experts and the Phantoms. Easy switching. For the moment I can‘t say anything to the SQ, but comfort is great.
Formerly Devialet 220PRO CI, Magico A3, 2 Gold Phantoms, Dialog/Raspberry PI2 Digi+, ROON Rock NUC8i3, Bluesound Powernode 2i, B&W 607, Audirvana

Messages In This Thread
RE: Core Infinity listening impressions and comparisons - by midi - 22-Jan-2018, 23:10