Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Core Infinity listening impressions and comparisons
(22-Jan-2018, 23:23)Music or sound Wrote: There are rumours that Spotify will stream 16/44.1 this year...

Those rumours have been around for a while.

They did some ads testing price points for Spotify HiFi, but to my knowledge it is not on the roadmap yet. As they plan to charge more for lossless quality, it would affect their revenue forecasts so they might be limited in what they can do as they are in the run up to an IPO. 

There was another rumour late last year that were testing lossless quality on the web app - but when I looked at the amount of data being used it was no different to normal. 

I would love Spotify to launch hi-res streaming soon. Perhaps they can do at the existing price point, but we'd need a insider to give us a scoop.
220 PRO CI (12.2.6) - B&W 683 S2 - Audioquest Niagara 1000 - Chromecast + iFi SPDIF 
Technics 1210 (AudioMods arm, AT-150MLX, Mike New bearing + platter, crystal mat, Isonoe feet, external DC PSU) Stockholm, Sweden

Messages In This Thread
RE: Core Infinity listening impressions and comparisons - by rchinn - 23-Jan-2018, 00:11