Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Core Infinity listening impressions and comparisons
(19-Feb-2018, 21:53)Confused Wrote:
(18-Feb-2018, 19:21)arcam Wrote: Has anyone done any comparison on SQ between AIR and UPnP ? First experiments using Audirvana Plus suggest clearer bass with UPnP, but more confused trebble, especially on complex piano passages. See for example Perahia's new recording, Hammerklavier 1st mvt.

On the plus side, UPnP is simpler to use in practice, always works, compared to AIR where the Pro may not even be selectable in the menu bar, especially in multi-user configurations, each running their own copy of AIR.

I will certainly try this when I get some free time.  One thing I would say is that your observations with UPnP are curiously similar to mine when trying AirPlay, see post#200 of this thread.
I tried to compare both USB and UPnP on Audirvana and I did not find any differences. I thought it would be a good idea to remove the USB cable definitely...
The problem I have it does not work correctly with high def file 192.
All of sudden it may stop, be silent for a while  and start playing with sound again. If I change the volume it may stop too (I mean be silent but continues playing). This does not happen with non high res file.

What is the correct setting for Audirvana UPnP and Expert Pro ? What Maximum Memory allocated do you put ?

Thanks
philoouu
PS Audio P3 - Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI - Tanagra Audio Iris - Micromega CD-30 - Roon - Mac Mini - Entreq Silver Minimus Apollo Eartha RCA - Shunyata Omega Ethernet - Dela S100/OP-S100

Messages In This Thread
RE: Core Infinity listening impressions and comparisons - by philoouu - 12-Mar-2018, 05:39