Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tidal drop outs and not finishing tracks
(07-Feb-2018, 10:10)Womaz Wrote: I am not sure its my internet provider or wifi
Can you clarify what you mean about wifi, it does not sound like you are using wifi with the melco. Does the melco support wifi? Worth a try if it does. Is taking the melco to someone else's house an option?

(07-Feb-2018, 10:10)Womaz Wrote: Here is exactly what happens and I will use the new Django Django album Marble Skies as an example.
On the first three tracks at least and others further on the track either stops or skips excatly 2 seconds from the end of the track, then goes to the next track.
Some albums are ok, some are not, but it does spoil the enjoyment.
Trying this album now from tidal (quite good so far), via Roon, if I get a problem I'll report it but I have never had this so I doubt it will happen, and it made it through the first track OK. Up to track 4 now, no problems. I'm not on BT.

My guess (and this is a big guess), is that something outside your house is buffering tidal badly, so that BT don't transfer as much data from tidal to them saving bandwidth costs. Netflix does this will many large ISPs, they have boxes in the ISPs data centers, these boxes sync the top shows and hold them locally, so when you watch one of those top shows the bandwidth from netflix to the isp is minimal, you should get the same data though. I don't know if tidal does this, or if they do it's inside BT, so BT might know nothing about this. Often things like mobile apps use different paths back to what you would thing is the same data, so apps and other devices may work differently, I've seen netflix go down on my TV, but work in the browser, both on the same network.

Or it could be the firmware in the melco. Can you go back to old firmwares in the melco?
Roon, Rega P9 + Dynavector XX2Mk2 > 440 Pro > Sonus Faber Guarneri Evolution

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tidal drop outs and not finishing tracks - by Soniclife - 10-Feb-2018, 18:30