Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
220 pro - first hours and disappointed
@tavares. I too am someone who does not believe greatly in 'burn-in' time. The reason for this is that if you look at what components might actually change in any way during the first hours of use, most do not. The exception is perhaps capacitors, which do need a degree of use before they settle down. Of course, the 220Pro does use capacitors in it's very powerful power supply. That said, I have had three new Devialet's now, and despite my cynicism, I have found that they seem to improve during the first weeks running. This was certainly true of my 1000Pro, although after maybe 20 hours of use it was more or less there. Of course, it is possible to speculate the effects are phycological, you have spent a lot of cash on a new amp, you want it to sound amazing, you listen intently with your brain picking up on every slight negative, it can drive you a little crazy. Add this to the fact that it may sound a little different to what you are used to, and you get a combination of effects occurring at once.

My advice is to try to use it as much as possible for the next few days, try to enjoy the music without thing too much about the new amp, and re-visit this one next week. Your new Devialet might just surprise you, in a positive way, before too long.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12

Messages In This Thread
RE: 220 pro - first hours and disappointed - by Confused - 24-Dec-2017, 10:25