Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
220 pro - first hours and disappointed
(24-Dec-2017, 08:00)tavares Wrote: iamwappieI had the same Experience. If the device is brand new it really needs 100 hours of play first. The difference is considerable

Hello!

Yes, it is brand new, less than 10 hours of use now.

Anyway, it is somewhat strange to me that a digital device needs some hours of use to get the best sound from it... I am thinking that probably is our brain that gets use to it.... and this is not a true upgrade in terms of sound quality...

What you think?

Thanks for your reply,

João

This is always good food for a debate. When my D120 was upgraded to the 220 it definitely sounded 'hollow' and not easy on the ears. Kind of music coming from a small box and a bad soundstage. Having an electronics background I can't explain it either just as I can't explain why a different digital interlink can make a sound difference of a power cable but it does. I eventually gave it a good 100 hours of play without listening in between (does that take away the 'ears getting used to' thought?) and then the sound was above D120 level.
Devialet 220 Expert Pro CI | Sonus Faber Olympica II | Crystal cable speaker cables, interlink and power cables | ROON Rock on Intel NUC | Netherlands

Messages In This Thread
RE: 220 pro - first hours and disappointed - by iamwappie - 24-Dec-2017, 10:27