Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
220 pro - first hours and disappointed
(24-Dec-2017, 08:00)tavares Wrote: iamwappieI had the same Experience. If the device is brand new it really needs 100 hours of play first. The difference is considerable

Hello!

Yes, it is brand new, less than 10 hours of use now.

Anyway, it is somewhat strange to me that a digital device needs some hours of use to get the best sound from it... I am thinking that probably is our brain that gets use to it.... and this is not a true upgrade in terms of sound quality...

What you think?

Thanks for your reply,

João

Merry Christmas. My experience is the amps needs many more hours than you would think and I have a hunch that it takes time for the synergy of the amp with your speakers of choice to click, meaning if you were to change out your speakers you would need to go thru with that break-in all over.
Devialet 250 Pro, Marantz SA-11 S2, Dell 2T HDD/250 SSD/24GB Mem.,using Fidelizer Pro software with JRivers. Hyperion 968 speakers. Cabling consists of Nordost Heimdall 2 power cables to all components with Nordost Qx4 inline to Devialet, all other wiring are Nordost Valhalla. I am tri-wiring the Hyperion 968s. 
 Less is More, more or less

Messages In This Thread
RE: 220 pro - first hours and disappointed - by woodstock - 25-Dec-2017, 23:03