Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Case of 'THE MISSING CHANNEL'!
Well folks... After being very happy with the turn-around of my core upgrade... and multiple calls from 'Roger' bless him, to see if all was ok, have had the time now to put everything together, and not needing to use this new fangled board until later, much later.. I reloaded my existing config files (Dev said that would be fine!)... but unfortunately, things have changed... and not for the better!

Even though I had blanked out (in the Configurator) all inputs apart from AES (both Monoblocks), & line 2 in (NO AIR, NO Optical 1, NO uPnP? etc etc), from a cold start (mains switched off) the unit still seems to default to anything other than the ones I have kept alive! So, once on, I have to go switch through 'Optical 1', 'Air', 'uPnP' to get to my AES, then the fun starts!

Ever since I had my 440 back after Core upgrade I seem to have lost my right channel (driven by Companion)..

Tried turning off my source and back on again... NADA!

..and then I thought I would try making sure both Monos were on the correct source before turning them off witha long press of the remote button (until totally off), (Mains still ON) and then back on again!

VOILA! Source remained the same, and Channel resurrected itself! BUT if I finish my session, I like to shut down completely - ie all off and mains OFF. Problem is now I have to go through this pantomime every time I start a new session!

So, the Monoblocks DONT retain the last input setting if you disconnect from the mains! I could cope with that if I only 'saw' the sources I had kept 'live' in the config, and not have to navigate blanked ones!

AND...somehow Devialet, bless them, have managed to knobble companion speaker out when changing sources???

Anyone else have this issue?
Fairford UK area - Devialet 440, Aurender Streamer- Linked to QNAP NAS 453mini - Triangle Signature Deltas, Van Damme Professional Blue Series Studio Grade 2 x 4.0 mm cables, Moon Neo 260D DC Transport, Dell notebook Client linked both ethernet & wifi.
Your are not alone. Have sometimes the issue with no right chanel. Hope it will be only a bug.

Cheers

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk
(26-Dec-2017, 13:41)teddlesdee Wrote: Well folks... After being very happy with the turn-around of my core upgrade... and multiple calls from 'Roger' bless him, to see if all was ok, have had the time now to put everything together, and not needing to use this new fangled board until later, much later.. I reloaded my existing config files (Dev said that would be fine!)... but unfortunately, things have changed... and not for the better!

Even though I had blanked out (in the Configurator) all inputs apart from AES (both Monoblocks), & line 2 in (NO AIR, NO Optical 1, NO uPnP? etc etc), from a cold start (mains switched off) the unit still seems to default to anything other than the ones I have kept alive! So, once on, I have to go switch through 'Optical 1', 'Air', 'uPnP' to get to my AES, then the fun starts!

Ever since I had my 440 back after Core upgrade I seem to have lost my right channel (driven by Companion)..

Tried turning off my source and back on again... NADA!

..and then I thought I would try making sure both Monos were on the correct source before turning them off witha long press of the remote button (until totally off), (Mains still ON) and then back on again!

VOILA! Source remained the same, and Channel resurrected itself! BUT if I finish my session, I like to shut down completely - ie all off and mains OFF. Problem is now I have to go through this pantomime every time I start a new session!

So, the Monoblocks DONT retain the last input setting if you disconnect from the mains! I could cope with that if I only 'saw' the sources I had kept 'live' in the config, and not have to navigate blanked ones!

AND...somehow Devialet, bless them, have managed to knobble companion speaker out when changing sources???

Anyone else have this issue?
Yep, I reported this earlier.
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK
I guess that you are using DOS 2.1.0 and 12.2.12 as installed when your 440s returned after CI installation?

Using those I had the same problem losing the Companion output when changing (streamer board) digital sources.

You might try joining the Expert Berta Programme - DOS 2.2.0 solved my missing channel problem, but you will still have the refusal of AIR to play consecutive tracks with different bit/sample rates.

I use Audirvana+ and this is stable at all bit/sample rates with USB input, but falls over using AIR and I have to cycle through all inputs and back to AIR after changing bit/sample rate.This is a pity as I have convinced myself that AIR gives the best SQ.

Although DOS 2.2.0 is some help, I have configured one companion input as a line input and although I used to be able to share sources between companion and master, this no longer works.I suspect (hope) that this is just another bug in the configurator, so changing to 2.2.0 (and 11.5.17) does not fix everything for me.On your other issues, I have often had problems using Safari as a browser that could be solved by using Firefox, not now - so I guess we have to wait for the configurator to catch up with the firmware.
I lost the right channel when streaming DSD64 from JRiver 23. Not even sure if that is supported TBH. When I switched back to streaming PCM from JRiver I had 2 channels again. Checking JRiver settings, but Master showed DSD64 as input when streaming DSD64.
The nice people at Dev rang today, and after a grilling from me (in the BEST possible TASTE!), I got the following info:

1. Yes, they acknowledge the speaker channel (companion) issue, and they are working on a fix.
2. Yes. they acknowledge the Configurator problems (not being able to upload both Master and Companion to one profile, confusing screens, no clear way to save, plus many other issues)...
3. Yes they agree that the iphone/ ipad app does not work for expert Pro (two units). They say they are working on an alternative but could not tell me what alternative! - I said spark?, they said "You said that, not us!"

so there you are folks!

Happy New Year!
Fairford UK area - Devialet 440, Aurender Streamer- Linked to QNAP NAS 453mini - Triangle Signature Deltas, Van Damme Professional Blue Series Studio Grade 2 x 4.0 mm cables, Moon Neo 260D DC Transport, Dell notebook Client linked both ethernet & wifi.
Spark will run entire new Dev ecosystem - Expert Pro and Phantom.
(29-Dec-2017, 21:25)teddlesdee Wrote: The nice people at Dev rang today, and after a grilling from me (in the BEST possible TASTE!), I got the following info:

1. Yes, they acknowledge the speaker channel (companion) issue, and they are working on a fix.
2. Yes. they acknowledge the Configurator problems (not being able to upload both Master and Companion to one profile, confusing screens, no clear way to save, plus many other issues)...
3. Yes they agree that the iphone/ ipad app does not work for expert Pro (two units). They say they are working on an alternative but could not tell me what alternative! - I said spark?, they said "You said that, not us!"

so there you are folks!

Happy New Year!

I’m wondering why you can’t use iPad/phone as a remote. I have the same amps as you and have no problems. Have you tried different software on the Dev.?
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
Ditto, the iPhone application works for me as well on an iPhone 6s with latest IOS and the D440 Pro with Core Infinity running either current or beta software/firmware.

DSF files, not so kind.
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
Hi guys no idea if this is a related bug but in "Pass thru" mode I am getting a very weak right hand channel, actually hardly any sound coming out of the right hand speaker.

Will continue testing and report back, if any others have had the same experience please let us know.

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK