Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom Gold Confusion & Expert Pro Question
Sir, I bow before you and your devotion to the hobby! And am very interested in your findings as well.

Could you indulge me a few questions and then a few comments? How are you processing Cinema 5.5 to the 5 Phantoms? I realize that you are making a comparison so may have placed your Phantom heights to match the Wilsons, but I would be curious what the Phantoms are like at more conventional heights - all matched to the center height. Have you any experience on lower height stands?

Comments: This illustrates perfectly one of the the Phantoms greatest strengths IMHO. I find the mass of equipment typically necessary for audiophile performance extremely distracting, not only musically, but PARTICULARLY for cinema. Imagine this same scene with only the three Phantoms across the front field. Now imagine them in a matte black (perhaps wall mounted - and boundary corrected - with power cable hidden). For me to become fully involved in the music - but even more so the cinema - I like for the speakers/equipment to disappear. Unless one closes ones eyes (difficult with cinema), the visual distraction destroys the illusion for me - even the music. Not only do the Phantoms tend to acoustically disappear, but because of their small unconventional form factor, they visually tend to as well. To my ear/mind connection that alone Elevates their sound (pun intended).

Messages In This Thread
RE: Phantom Gold Confusion & Expert Pro Question - by snbeall - 06-Jan-2018, 18:24