Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom Gold Confusion & Expert Pro Question
Fair enough. My apologies for taking it a bit off topic there, but ingrained there was a bit of response to the original post in how these might compete/compare to “true audiophile” speakers. My point is that the form factor/technology/price point must figure into the perceptions/audiophile experience.

BTW, I am contrasting my listening against some AMT based Martin Logan’s which are much more forward in the midrange, but also more congested at times and remind me they are there. The Phantoms simply disappear better. SAM? I have also noticed them open up with break in. My room is also very lively and likely the opposite of the original poster - a large (1000 sq foot), hardwood over concrete floor, wedge shaped, 10 foot ceiling, urban condo with lots of lightly draped windows with the speakers at the rounded point of the wedge. Room itself is almost one giant horn of sorts... diffused sidewall/rearwall reflections. And I listen to a lot of electronic/ambient. The combination works well for my aging ears...

Messages In This Thread
RE: Phantom Gold Confusion & Expert Pro Question - by snbeall - 06-Jan-2018, 19:41