Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom Gold Confusion & Expert Pro Question
No, I actually took it off topic with questions about his particular setup which had nothing to do with the thread topic. Although I would like to hear about it, I took it to another more appropriate thread on Dolby Dig 5.1.

Anyway, with regard to the original poster - to whom I bow as well, given his extensive background/efforts/experience - I’d be interested in his experience with more examples of audiophile speakers that meet his criteria but whose form actors will blend with non-dedicated urban listening rooms that must meet WAF. They may sound fantastic, but the HEDD’s are butt ugly. In a Pre-divorce life, I owned a Bohlender Graebener dx520 line source based 5.1 system, so I am in agreement with him on the virtues of planar/line source. I will also never forget the true amazement when I first ran across the original Martin Logan CLS and heard the electrostatic sound. But the entire category is tough on WAF. I have the Martin Logan AMT based and Monitor Audio Gold ribbon based bookshelves, so obviously agree with his philosophical points.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Phantom Gold Confusion & Expert Pro Question - by snbeall - 06-Jan-2018, 20:27