Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Users of the AES/EBU input and cables
(06-Mar-2015, 01:30)absolutk Wrote:
(05-Mar-2015, 23:45)pid=\11293 Wrote:Hi,

I think I reported this elsewhere but in conclusion I did not hear any difference between RCA-Lundahl-XLR and RCA-XLR both with 75 ohm cable. But RCA-XLR sounds better than RCA-RCA. Conclusion is that the XLR dig input is better than RCA.

/Mike

Thanks Mike!

And any chance you had the opportunity to test a 75 ohm cable vs a 110 ohm one (either via an adapter or just the native cable impedance)? XLR/AES natively uses 110 ohms, but I've heard those references to Thierry's response that says it has a transformer - that doesn't rhyme in my head. 

Thanks!

The XLR input is directly hooked to a transformer on the motherboard, according to Thierry. That it self may explain why I hear no difference between Lundahl noLundahl. 
One thing I noticed, if making your own cable, is that the 'chassie' contact on the XLR plug should not be hooked up with the ground pin, I tested and for sure it sounds better without, but if connected it does not harm anything at least.

/Mike
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK

Messages In This Thread
RE: Users of the AES/EBU input and cables - by Mikeeo - 06-Mar-2015, 16:11