Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet predictions for 2018 (The 2018 Devialet Almanac)
It's time for the Q3 update, time flies eh, summer has gone, soon be time for Christmas etc. ... Well, not quite, it is still Q3 for the rest of the day, but I doubt much will happen on a Sunday afternoon, so I think I'm safe writing this today. In fact, not much has happened for the entirety of Q3. The announcement of the 140 Pro and 210 Pro Dual Mono did sneak in right at the cusp of Q3, as did the news that the original Expert range would not be receiving any further updates. Since then, the Pro upgrade scheme re-started in July. This was not a surprise, as it had been widely known that Devialet planned to restart the scheme in the Summer, although the more cynical amongst us might say it was a surprise that Devialet did what they said they were going to do and it happened on time.

The Pro CI models had a firmware update in July. (13.0.0 + DOS 2.2.2) Nothing too exciting here, mainly a bit of bug fixing and stability improvements, but at least it proved to be stable for most, and it has lost it's "beta" designation.

So not much to report. Unless I've missed something, then that's about it, a firmware update for the Pro, and not much happening with the Phantom or anything else. In fact, for me this is the big news. At Munich and latterly at the OAC event, we heard news of the new "Core Team" and Expert "Extended Team". This news was widely welcomed and considered genuinely good news. But the Q3 update news has to be that we have seen very little evidence of what this team is doing, and in particular, the pledge to improve communications has so far produced nothing other than the core infinity logs being closed to comments and the occasional email telling me to travel to the edge of infra-bass and get physical with the Phantom. So no change there really. OK, lets be optimistic, maybe things will perk up in Q4. I have to say though, it has been reported that Devialet now has 500 personnel, so what are they doing? Is it actually possible to have this many folk working on a commercial enterprise with no sign that they are doing anything? Maybe they will surprise us soon, in the past Devialet announcements have typically come out of nowhere as a complete surprise, so you never know what might be just around the corner.

It's a bit late for predictions now, but we do know there was a working demo of CI RAAT at Munich back in March, so surely we will see this arrive in Q4? This thread has been so dull this year that I feel compelled to predict that RAAT will indeed arrive in Q4, together with something totally unexpected that will arrive as a total surprise. All of 2018 can't be that dull, can it?
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12

Messages In This Thread
RE: Devialet predictions for 2018 (The 2018 Devialet Almanac) - by Confused - 30-Sep-2018, 10:47