Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Multi Phantom Silver/Gold setup question.
Devialet offers currently nice x-mas discount(on their website) for 2 golds/silvers, dialog and 2 stands. I am not just considering of buying them, but just trying to figure out my setup without many wires going around the room.

I been doing quite much reading about them and I think they would go nicely with my 200cm2 living room(might add few more in future). 

Now, as I understand, you need dialog(up to 22 phantoms) to actually use both of them. Dialog needs internet, so it has to be close to router to get ethernet cable from router to dialog. And with this setup, it's fairly easy to use ipad/iphone for spotify, also youtube or it's not supported yet with spark app?

My bigger concern is TV and not using bluetooth/wifi but optical cable. There is always possibility to try those 2, but I did read, that there might be issues with sound dropping. 
Dialog would be installed about 2-3 meters away from speakers(which is most likely not issue for BT!!) but running optical cable from dialog to TV would be impossible due to the fact, that TV is installed on room splitting wall, where is cap between with fireplace, so having cable running there looks just horrible. Phantoms will be installed next to TV. My main question is - Would it be possible to buy optical cable splitter(tv has only 1 optical) and running cables directly to Phantoms, would that actually work with 2 phantoms or it's a must to have them going to dialog?

Or is there another possibility with some different hardware?
If I understood it correctly you're asking if it's possible to connect the optical cable directly into the Phantom itself, instead of in the dialog.

To give an anwser, yes it's possible, I did it myself. You can just plug an optical cable in one Phantom and set it in the spark settings app.
I do get it, that it will work fine with one, how about two?

Optical cable, which starts from TV, using something like this(https://www.amazon.de/FiimiToslink-Digit...l+splitter) to split it to two and run those two to phantoms?
The dialog will do the spitting of the channels for you after it's been sent to it from the phantom which has the optical in.
Thank you for very much, that did answer my question and idea of setup is now clear. Just need one phantom to have optical and dialog will share it to other one, that is good news!
You got it! Hope you enjoy!!
(07-Jan-2018, 17:00)Desty Wrote: Devialet offers currently nice x-mas discount(on their website) for 2 golds/silvers, dialog and 2 stands. I am not just considering of buying them, but just trying to figure out my setup without many wires going around the room.

I been doing quite much reading about them and I think they would go nicely with my 200cm2 living room(might add few more in future). 

Now, as I understand, you need dialog(up to 22 phantoms) to actually use both of them. Dialog needs internet, so it has to be close to router to get ethernet cable from router to dialog. And with this setup, it's fairly easy to use ipad/iphone for spotify, also youtube or it's not supported yet with spark app?

My bigger concern is TV and not using bluetooth/wifi but optical cable. There is always possibility to try those 2, but I did read, that there might be issues with sound dropping. 
Dialog would be installed about 2-3 meters away from speakers(which is most likely not issue for BT!!) but running optical cable from dialog to TV would be impossible due to the fact, that TV is installed on room splitting wall, where is cap between with fireplace, so having cable running there looks just horrible. Phantoms will be installed next to TV. My main question is - Would it be possible to buy optical cable splitter(tv has only 1 optical) and running cables directly to Phantoms, would that actually work with 2 phantoms or it's a must to have them going to dialog?

Or is there another possibility with some different hardware?

Hi there

Not sure if you really need an optical splitter...for your application...
The setup is quite simple..
Dialog to the router via Ethernet cable...
One optical cable directly from the tv to one phantom is enough..
The second phantom has a free optical link... ready for connecting another device if need be...
Setup:
Via spark..
You run the setup and select the room with the number of phantom ( 2 in this case) and you configure as stereo ( left and right)..
That all
In the device setting menu, activate the optical link on the phantom connected to tv and call that device TV...
That all.
Now run spark on your iPad and select the source .. and you will see TV in the list of source... and the tv wil play in stereo mode ...on both Phantoms...

Simple..
 Angenet. 
  5 Silver Phantoms (2 stereo and 3 solo in 3 rooms). 4 Raspberry Pi 3b with Hifiberry digi + boards connected to four Phantoms. 1 Dialog with Airplay, Roon Lifetime Membership for perfect group play. Qobuz sublime, Tidal Hifi,  1 NAS Qnap tS-210 Pro. Location: West Yorkshire, UK.
Thanks for detailed explanation, I actually received duo golds few days ago and installed TV yesterday.

I read horrible review about connectivity issues with these, this is why I asked optical cable question in first place. But I can tell, that all those comments on amazon are just rumors and false information.

Currently I have them like that for testing:
[Image: 1s.jpg]

I haven't yet tested wifi, because it is using PLC(according to spark) and I do not have any connection issues what so ever. I did notice some light sound dropping when using it with different socket, which was far away! This is when using iphone/spark/spotify combo.

Yesterday I also tested it with Samsung ue82mu7005 TV using bluetooth to connect to phantom/dialog and same thing, no issues what so ever.

The idea is to install them to turnable stand on the wall, since my living room is 209cm2 and it's seperated by small wall(as in pic) and would love to turn phantoms to direction where I am. I did check gecko's from official site, but I understood, that they are turnable, but not enough for my needs. I have carpenter coming over next week and most likely going to have him make some custom solution.
[Image: 2018-01-13_1351.png]
Very nice flat. I’m relieved that it appears to be 200 square meters rather than square centimeters. Fitting you and four Phantoms in 200 square centimeters was going to be tight.  Wink 

Still a challenging setup for Phantoms however. Where is your optical cable run from TV to one Phantom? And you of course will need power outlets (preferably on same circuit as Dialogue) at your proposed location. If you don’t think you’ll run into them in passage, Geikos mounted on sides of the divider closer to screen height might work better - although I don’t know if they can be turned 90 degrees plus. Perhaps hung from ceiling on Geicko?

A strong warning about cables inside that room divider however! - Be very careful to give adequate clearance from the fireplace liner inside as it gets very hot - a melted optical or electrical cable is bad.

A side question. I just received a Holiday Gold shipment myself and in addition to UPS setting down the bottom box in puddle or something during offloading from truck, BOTH Phantoms were packaged UPSIDE DOWN inside the outer box! It also took over a week after ordering until they were shipped. Makes me think they are behind and rushing. Were yours properly packaged?

-Scott

BTW Angenet - I like the avatar. Is the resemblance to the Phantoms intentional?
Haha, yes, my bad I did mean m2 Smile

It is going to run inside the wall and yes, power outlets are available for both of them behind TV, dialog is around 3meters away next to router. I tested this setup(sockets, as I couln't place them to walls yet) and had no issues with connectivity when using bluetooth, but for better quality and avoiding issues in future, I still want to do optical solution for TV. Gecko's only allow 45 degrees turning angle, which is not going to work!!

No worries, it's actually eletrical fireplace working with steam and divider wall is closed from bottom. No heat involved what so ever.

I was surprised about getting mine so fast!
[Image: 2018-01-13_1913.png]
As you can see, ordered 8 of jan and received 10th of jan. I was positively surprised as they promised 4 days and did it with 3. I am not sure about how they were placed on truck as I live in historic center, where they can't actually drive their car - so I only saw trolley. That sounds kind of bad experience imo, when you had to wait 7 days for them to get them packed. When you ordered them, how many days they promised for shipping?