Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Loud Electrical Hum from Sub Preout when units are in Standby!
I had exactly the same problem that you described. Devialet on - no hum from the subs, off - hum from the subs. Also, no ground pin on my subs.

To cut a long story short, I noticed that moving the interconnect going to the subs changed the volume of the hum from the subs. These are good quality $600 interconnects (Zcable Live5) I had used with a lot of different gear and never had such an issue. I'm quite certain that these interconnects are not shielded.

I changed them to coaxial interconnects from Canare (and since then Oyaide) and the hum is gone for good. The first interconnects definitely picked up the noise, I just don't know why that didn't happen when the Devialet was on. I have a strong feeling that it is the same problem in your case.
Win10/HQPlayer / Roon - Uptone Audio Etherregen switch / SOtM-SMS-200 ultra with clock input - Mutec REF 10 clock for the switch and the streamer - Denafrips GAIA DCC - Devialet D800 - YG Acoustics Carmel - Dual Elac SUB-2090 
power supplies: Uptone JS-2, SOtM SPS-500

Messages In This Thread
RE: Loud Electrical Hum from Sub Preout when units are in Standby! - by zdenes - 10-Feb-2018, 09:39