Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Sami ' s system
(02-Feb-2018, 21:07)David A Wrote: ^ Well, I like the look of the diffusors on the ceiling but you don't want me for your wife :-)

Is that an open archway I can see on the left? That wasn't apparent in the photo of the front of your room which you posted initially. If so, that changes things a lot. I've got a similar archway on the right side of my room in about the same location in relation to my speakers and it does make a difference. Things like how big the space through the archway is (it's into a hallway in my case so there's a wall about 1.6m/5' or so away through the archway) and how wide the archway is make a big difference. You may need to have that acoustic panel on the right side to help compensate for the opening, and you may even find that putting another one actually in the opening on the left side helps also. I have one in my archway to balance one on my left wall but neither are at the first reflection point, they're back behind the level of the front edge of the speakers in my case. You'll really need to experiment a bit.

I'm sorry I can't give more concrete advice but there are 2 things preventing me from doing so. First, I've never seen anyone give specific advice for how to treat rooms that open into other spaces or irregularly shaped rooms. Second, what I've found and what I think you'll find if you play around a bit with where you put things is that you can get good results with several different arrangements but they're different results. Each arrangement will affect one characteristic such as bass or soundstage or image size or something more than other arrangements and which one is best depends to a large degree on which characteristic which gets affected is more important to you. I don't think there's one "ideal result" which suits everyone so it's a matter of finding the result which suits you and the only way I know to do that is to spend time moving things around and finding out what works for you.

I really appreciate your thoughts david.
I know , this irregular shape is one of the problems in my room, but believe me, after installing all the acoustics and playing with the placements, i think my room is not bad at all acoustically.
No doubt, the soundstage widened and become deep, details, instrument seperation, even voices all took one degree of naturellness.
I will play with diy panels on the left side .
One thing i tried and payed off greatly is putting the 4 diy panels on the ground on first reflexions and this was great, cause my carpet is not thick enough.
There s a panorama pic under.
Again thks for your advices.[Image: 3d2b533b69ddbbec49e0cbd2c2d82fd9.jpg]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Messages In This Thread
Sami ' s system - by samsoum - 01-Feb-2018, 10:31
Sami ' s system - by samsoum - 01-Feb-2018, 10:33
RE: Sami ' s system - by David A - 01-Feb-2018, 22:10
Sami ' s system - by samsoum - 01-Feb-2018, 10:34
RE: Sami ' s system - by Vivialet - 01-Feb-2018, 15:08
Sami ' s system - by samsoum - 01-Feb-2018, 15:57
RE: Sami ' s system - by baddog - 02-Feb-2018, 02:36
RE: Sami ' s system - by Axel - 02-Feb-2018, 03:25