Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Is your Phantom an ADH2 unit? and how to find out!
THANK YOU! At last, a serial number key! I have wondered what the serial numbers meant as my four phantoms were so disparate. Generally, one wants close - if not sequential - serial numbers so as to be matched component wise - as well as the person/machine assembling it (presumably). I’m wondering why mine would be SO different? Do they refurbish and recycle returns? For instance, my two Golds were both K44P but about 200 apart in sequence. These were direct shipped from Devialet. You’d think they’d be pretty close - if not sequential - sitting on the shelf together wouldn’t you? Now my two Elevates were K48N and K48P. Any idea what the letter following the week denotes and why these two are different. I CAN tell you that one of the two consistently had problems with maintaining connection - including requiring a three button push reset out of the box to be recognized (a particularly frustrating discovery process there!). On top of that, there are almost 1000 apart in serial numbers!

Anyway, they seem to have just made it at week 48 - whew! And their performance by other metrics seems to bear that out. No hiss or noise which apparently is more pronounced in ADH models??

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is your Phantom an ADH2 unit? and how to find out! - by snbeall - 03-Feb-2018, 18:20