Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
McIntosh MA9000 vs Devialet D-Premier by Jeff Fritz
Yesterday I heard the MA9000 with Sonus Faber Serafino speakers and a dCS Network Bridge.

I was really surprised by how good this system sounded! I'd never really taken McIntosh very seriously, how wrong I was. My guess is that this would give the 1000 PRO a very good run for its money. At just under £13k I think it's a bargain, relatively speaking of course. In the US it sells for 10K USD! The specs on the digital front are very impressive too (DSD up to 256 and PCM up to 32/384 via USB), although as far as I know you do need an external streamer.

I particularly liked the richness and weight of the midrange (almost a bit tube-like?) and the fact that the sound seemed very natural. Nice synergy with the SF speakers too. Come to think of it the Serafinos deserve some credit too! 

I rather like its looks too.  Angel

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK

Messages In This Thread
RE: McIntosh MA9000 vs Devialet D-Premier by Jeff Fritz - by GuillaumeB - 27-Apr-2018, 14:57