Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantoms Powered up 24/7 Or Not?
I don’t think there’s any correlation.
They’re designed to be constantly plugged in.

Devialet designed Phantom to last a minimum of 10 years. Of course they haven’t even been out that long just yet but their stance is 10 years minimum powered on everyday or not. They’re made to be placed in a spot. Plugged in. And left.

I leave mine plugged in 24/7 and I’ve never had an issue due to that. Phantom does technically go to a semi-standby mode when not in use but it keeps networking active at all times. The warmth of the units isn’t a problem. They’re designed to width stand over 100°C (212°F) during operation or not. Of course doesn’t mean they should get there but the little warmth they out out won’t harm them providing most of that warmth is transferred to the heat sink block.

Dialogue unfortunately is plagued by it’s poorly designed box that traps heat in. You could turn that off or put a fan facing it.

If you do want to power down your Phantom units. The correct way to do it is by holding the button on the back until the woofers move and the Phantom makes a sound. Remove your finger. They will shut down.

Any time you want to unplug a Phantom shut it down that way first. It’s like shutting down a computer. It just makes sure everything powers down correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Devialet Phantom (White)

Messages In This Thread
Phantoms Powered up 24/7 Or Not? - by kmjy - 10-Feb-2018, 21:01
RE: Phantoms Powered up 24/7 Or Not? - by KenH - 26-Feb-2018, 11:53
RE: Phantoms Powered up 24/7 Or Not? - by KenH - 26-Feb-2018, 11:45