Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best cable speakers money can buy?
Like Guillaume I've got the Transparent Ref XL (MM2 version). They are currently Generation 5 I think. Transparent do the 3D imaging thing probably better than most cables I've heard. The have fabulous bass and liquid mids. They are very detailed at the top but not etched which is why some/a lot of people think they are a bit rolled off at the top - they are not but I can understand that viewpoint. I had Synergistic for many years - Absolute Refs, Apex, then CTS and finally the most recent Atmosphere Level 4. The Apex's are the best of the bunch and well worth the money - great bass, mid and treble (all very even) and excellent soundstaging. The CTSs were the most immediately stunning and detailed cables I've had - incredible slam to the bass as if you had new speakers or amp. However after a while they were just too much at the top end - relentless and unbalanced compared to mid and bass. Again this sort of detail may be for you. The Atmosphere's were fantastic at imaging and liquid in the mid, almost the perfect cable until I realised that the bass slam was missing from fav tracks. Also tried Cardas (Burgundy one?) but felt it was a bit lacklustre.
Lots of good bargains on Synergistics on Audiogon.
Bottom line is that you've got to hear them in your system before opening your wallet.
Devialet 1000 Pro; Magico A5 loudspeakers; Metronome T3a Signature CD Transport; dCS Network Bridge; Kuzma M turntable; Kuzma 4Point14 tonearm; Koetsu Sky Blue; Benzmicro LPS; Audioquest Vodka Ethernet; Transparent Reference Digital RCA-RCA; Transparent Reference XL MM2 speaker cable; Transparent Reference mains cable; PS Audio P5 PowerPlant; Artesania and Finite Elemente equipment racks 
North Somerset, UK     

Messages In This Thread
RE: Best cable speakers money can buy? - by KIBM - 27-Feb-2018, 19:18