Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best cable speakers money can buy?
(13-Mar-2018, 18:08)MusicĀ orĀ sound Wrote: I think the best cable are the shortest ones. I see that many user stack their dual experts and I am always perplexed why, a longer digital cable has less problems than any speaker cable. Of course persons with a single expert (like me) need to make the compromise to use longer speaker cables.

It's only in 'perfect' theory that longer digital cables produce less problems. In fact a digital signal is made of analogue voltages and can therefor be influenced the same way as a signal in speaker cables and even worse produce lots of jitter. You won't get dropouts up to a critical length but you would get a more 'digital sound' with longer digital cables (or at least it's more possible).
I would ever stay with a 3-5m LS-cable compared to a 3-4m digital cable combined with a 1m LS-cable. And I bet you won't hear a difference between a 2m and a 5m LS-cable of the SAME brand & model if you compare them (same plugs, same age of use). But chances are good you hear a difference between a 1m and 4m digital cable.

gui
"Oh, you can buy the other. But then it is a cost intensive learning process"
berlin

Messages In This Thread
RE: Best cable speakers money can buy? - by yabaVR - 13-Mar-2018, 21:21