Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Small system with Devialet 250/Focal Diablo Utopias - worth upgrading to 800?
Get a demo at home and listen for yourself. I personally won't buy anything costing over £1000 without a home demo. I have both heard improvements I did not expect and no change when I expected one so not worth relying on expectations IME.
In my case I heard a difference between a single D-Premier and two in dual mono configuration into my Goldmund speakers but when I got the update to 800 I heard no difference between D-Premier and 240 or the 240 and 800 into my Tune Audio Animas, or at least not one I noticed on auditioning for a few hours.
If there is one, in my system, it is negligible compared to the difference in recording quality between CDs, for example.
Only you can evaluate whether there is any difference in your system, and if so if the difference is worth the money to you.
For me it was worthwhile with my Goldmund speakers but not with my Tune Audios.

IME smaller speakers are less efficient than big ones and often a tougher load too.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

Messages In This Thread
RE: Small system with Devialet 250/Focal Diablo Utopias - worth upgrading to 800? - by f1eng - 24-Nov-2014, 11:28