Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Small system with Devialet 250/Focal Diablo Utopias - worth upgrading to 800?
(18-Jan-2015, 04:27)chrish Wrote: Brought home a 250 companion earlier today. It's setup and I've been listening for a few hours now. Really impressed to be honest. Has a lot more low end grunt, and sounds a lot more detailed to me. Was really easy to setup and I've had no problems at all as of yet. Funny, but the tracks that have impressed me most have been FLACs ripped from cd's. High res stuff always sounded good, but FLACs of cd's always sounded a little flat and boring to me with a single 250. With the 800, they sound a lot more detailed and enjoyable. Not tried any vinyl yet, but I'm looking forward to giving it a go tomorrow. I'll let you know my impressions. Up to now, I love the 800.

When I picked up the Companion 250, I had a quick look at the Focal Scala's. I like those a lot Wink My girlfriend will probably kill me if I don't stop with this 'hobby'.

Very promising and consistent finding with the dual mono.. Glad that you liked

And yes we are all dead one way or the other because of this hobby Smile

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE

Messages In This Thread
Small system with Devialet 250/Focal Diablo Utopias - worth upgrading to 800? - by amabrok - 18-Jan-2015, 05:58