Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to improve Jitter issue via USB/ETHERNET ?
(15-Mar-2018, 12:08)yabaVR Wrote:
(15-Mar-2018, 10:41)Confused Wrote: This update is a revision to the original microRendu's main board updating it from from version 1.3 to version 1.4. The new version 1.4 main board shares among other thing one of the key components in the upcoming ultraRendu. The update changes the oscillator utilized for the CPU and the USB regenerative circuit while the remaining circuit design remains unchanged.

@Confused
It's not clear from their promotion text that 'nothing' else is changed. The rest of the design might be the 'same' but they could've changed one or two components on the new board's design that have nevertheless a 'big' impact on the performance. So I'd conclude we don't know what else is changed. But it is also my believe that precise clocking is most important.

My understanding of better clocking is that for a defined time sector there have to be matching bits or bytes. If a bit doesn't fit into this sector in time it is either reconstructed or put into another time sector. This would alter the signal although the bit is not lost but put at another time in the row (so to speak)...still bit perfect?!?
Just my view.

gui
With regard to the 'nothing' else is changed question for the microRendu 1.4, actually we do know, because this was discussed in the Sonore thread on CA.  The following is a quote from 'Barrows', who is the design & build consultant for Sonore.

The 1.4 micro just has the new clock, the Ultra, in addition, features no switching regulators and better board layout (for lower noise) because of the larger size of the board. 

This is something that I knew in my head, but was not clear in my earlier post. In summary, the microRendu 1.4 just has the new clock taken from the ultraRendu, whereas the ultraRendu itself has a new board layout & quieter regulators.

Facts & clarity are good! Shy
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12

Messages In This Thread
RE: Devialet has NO Jitter issue via USB/ETHERNET ? - by Confused - 15-Mar-2018, 13:01