Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to improve Jitter issue via USB/ETHERNET ?
(15-Mar-2018, 23:48)ogs Wrote: @Greg The sound quality from the mR 1.4/USPCB is certainly several notches up from the 1.3. I've mostly used the Supra USB cable with the 1.3, but have tried other solutions too - mostly DIY. I'm being careful in describing the sound of the 1.4 as the USPCB also contributes, but there is no doubt that the 1.4 upgrade is worth it. More refined and detailed, but keeping the same pleasant tonal balance as the 1.3.  As the clock is the same as in UltraRendu I would guess the difference in SQ is rather small. I have not heard the UltraRendu though... whether it is as good as the SOtM sMS-200ultra is also an open question.
Thanks @ogs. I’ll give it a bit more thought. TBH, the difference in sound between my mR 1.3 and roon Air Ethernet is very close into my 220, and (unusual for me) I can’t specifically identify where the difference is other than I know it is there. The only thing I can say is I feel I enjoy the music more through the mR, so maybe going for 1.4 would bring a productive improvement. Many thanks for your help.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Devialet has NO Jitter issue via USB/ETHERNET ? - by Greg - 16-Mar-2018, 09:45