Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dual-mono setup - hints and tips
Frank, Neil - thanks for your replies. Most likely I'm trying to make it more complicated than it is…

My 200 companion arrived today for evaluation so I'll have a crack at setting up the configuration shortly. Although it comes with a pre-programmed SD card and suggests it should just plug in and go, I guess I probably have to make a custom configuration for the companion to make sure it high-pass filters the speaker outputs as the master is currently doing.

A couple of points I've found out after trying to set up the dual-mono configuration. Hopefully this might help others travelling the same path in future...

I wanted to keep my existing configuration (for the single 200) unchanged so I could revert to it in case I decide the 400 isn't for me. So I started by trying to make a copy of the 200 configuration; it's easy enough to do this by uploading the existing configuration file which can then be modified in the configurator. Obviously the main thing to do is add the second Devialet at this point.

However, the new configuration ends up with the same name as the old one, which is a confusing nuisance. At the moment I haven't found a way to rename a configuration, which is either screen blindness on my part or an oversight in the configurator.

Another potential snag that surprised (and alarmed) me is that when you add the companion Devialet it doesn't get a copy of the speaker settings from the master by default. So for example, filter settings are not copied. I assume that maximum power settings aren't copied either. This seems to me to be another configurator bug, and potentially more serious.

I've asked Devialet about both these points and will update this thread with their replies.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK

Messages In This Thread
Dual-mono setup - hints and tips - by thumb5 - 24-Nov-2014, 14:35
RE: Dual-mono setup - hints and tips - by thumb5 - 25-Nov-2014, 22:00