Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does Devialet EXPERT PRO support Soft-Clipping?
(28-May-2018, 13:21)Carcrashboy Wrote:
(27-Mar-2018, 18:09)Jean-Marie Wrote:
(27-Mar-2018, 07:24)thumb5 Wrote: Yes, if I remember correctly, the Expert series has an elliptic limiting mechanism that softens out peaks to prevent hard, "square" clipping.  This would be more aimed at protecting tweeters by reducing the high-frequency content when the amp limits.

Absolutely, and  when this is the case, the dB on the amp display turns orange. 
I believe that it also turns orange on the iOS remote app, but I’m not 100% positive on this last part. 

Jean-Marie

I noticed that, briefly, the dB display flashed Red when playing music at just background levels. I am currently evaluating a D1000 Pro running into my PMC 20/26s, never noticed this before with my D400.

Not sure if have a problem or not?

Thoughts?
I don’t think you have a problem. 

I have seen it also very occasionally on one piece of music that turned out to be really badly recorded with a lot of clipping in the source itself. 

Did you notice which piece of music was causing it and is it reproductible?

Jean-Marie
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France

Messages In This Thread
RE: Does Devialet EXPERT PRO support Soft-Clipping? - by Jean-Marie - 28-May-2018, 18:29