Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
"Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation
Quote:My bet, the Uptone switch is expected to be under $500 and I think it might just prove to be the best of the bunch.  Time will tell.

This is also my bet @Confused if John Swenson get everything right with the construction.

Quote: As Alex mentioned I am just finishing up a complex test system for actually doing an end to end clock analysis (digital data stream to DAC output) in order to really nail down what is going on in our systems. There are several hypothesis for what is going on, and several possible schemes for suppressing these, I will be testing all of these out, and the one that works the best will go in the switch.

This is not JUST a development project, there is a lot of fundamental research going on. I have been doing a bunch already, enough to know that SOMETHING is going on, but not enough detail to figure out what it really is. That's what this stage of testing is all about.

So even if I wanted to spill the beans, I can't, we don't exactly know what beans are going to be yet!

The result of the above is that there is no way to speed this up, I HAVE to go through the research first before we can get to the details. We know what seats we are going to have, what the dashboard will look like, probably what tires, but not sure what engine is going to be in there.

John S.

Right now I am thinking of replacing my Netgear GS108 that I run my NUC and endpoint from to one of these new ones. But my thoughts goes towards the SFP port if I should divide my network in two so the audio one is on the new switch and seperated with fiber. The Uptone looks promising with the special streamerport. Well time will tell what will happen.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation - by octaviars - 01-Apr-2018, 17:24