Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
"Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation
(01-May-2019, 13:10)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(01-May-2019, 09:39)Antoine Wrote:  At least until the etherREGEN is out and compared.

Very wise move Antoine... been following the etherREGEN on the other forums and it does look very interesting. John Swenson's hypotheses regarding leakage currents and clock phase noise on ethernet networks are very interesting. I'd like to think that the SOtM will still hold its own but things are moving so fast it's just impossible to say! I continue to be surprised by how much better the sNG-10G is to the AQVOX, where perhaps the AQVOX's impact was more subtle but certainly noticeable, the sNG-10G is more of an instant wow! It's a slippery slope though and I'm now left wondering about adding a master clock and even a second SOtM!!! I'm sure I read somewhere that the effect of daisy chaining a second sNG-10G was greater than adding a 10 MHz master clock to a single switch.

Perhaps the etherREGEN is a much safer approach after all... still I am enjoying myself a great deal at the moment!  Big Grin

Cheers,

Guillaume

Usually I’m not that wise. Big Grin I agree the etherREGEN is very interesting being built up from the ground addressing whatever they could think of to reduce noise, phase noise etc. But of course we will have to wait and see to which extent it will deliver. At least you’re covered in the mean time! Smile I do have a JCAT NET Femto card en route to me which I will install in my music server to ‘soften’ the waiting pain! Wink

Anyway, great to read it’s improving SQ that much! And indeed be ‘careful’ not to slide down further the slippery SOtM slope who always have more products and mods for you, from clocks, capacitors, ethernet filters+cables to indeed multiple switches in serial!  Tongue
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation - by Antoine - 02-May-2019, 10:16