Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
"Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation
(02-May-2019, 13:44)baconbrain Wrote: The JCAT Femto is a great card but ensure that your PSU has the appropriate Amp rating for external power requirements. My old Ultracap LPS-1 couldn’t hang ...

Slippery SOtM slope .... good one!

Smile

I’m still looking at how to power it externally. Initially I may power it from the motherboard or a freed up SR7 rail as the SR4 I ordered could take months to arrive. I indeed read the Ultracaps won’t be able to power more than one port of the NET card so that one is out. 

(02-May-2019, 18:07)octaviars Wrote: SOtm will show their new LAN card in Munich so there are more stuff to "slide" down on Smile 

https://www.sotm-audio.com/sotmwp/english/highend2019/

– Support M.2 interface(it can be connected with mPCIe and PICe slot)
– Support 10BaseT,100BaseT,1000BaseT
– Support Wake on LAN
– Internal SATA power and external power input
– Ultra low noise regulator
– Ultra low jitter clock
– The audio grade clock module, sCLK-EX, ready

Missed that, thanks for sharing! Smile I’m curious how it’ll look when they write it can be connected to an mPCIe slot. Could be something for in a NUC maybe if it’s small.

About that slippery SOtM slope, this from that press release says it all! Big Grin

SOtM will become the most important partner in your music life.“
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation - by Antoine - 03-May-2019, 10:37