Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
"Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation
Thinking about this, a JCat M12 Gold versus SOtM sNH-10G /  SOtM sNH-10G x 2 comparison is almost certainly a world first?  No pressure Guillaume....   but I suspect this one might attract some interest. Shy

Just as an aside, I did have a bit of a chuckle about the “cognitive dissonance” term.  Not that this is a funny term in itself, it is just that when I read it I thought "eh?", then realised that “cognitive dissonance” superbly describes exactly what I have been experiencing in my system over the last year.  A case of try something, do an A/B comparison, and yes, it sounds much improved, then over a little time, you sometimes find the system irritating you, something is not right.  I suspect that the “cognitive dissonance” described by Guillaume and baconbrain are caused by different things than I have been experiencing, but I wonder if they are somehow related, with ever improved kit somehow allowing very minor niggles to become apparent.  As an example, surely adding a fibre link that eliminates all upstream noise can only be beneficial?  But it seams that very subtle factors are at play, and quite what they are doing no one really seams to know, but “cognitive dissonance” seams to be an ever increasing result these days.  As a different example, my recent "roll back" of the sMS-200 firmware has reduced my own levels of cognitive dissonance, but I have no idea why this should be, I am just grateful that I kept a copy of the firmware I liked on a spare SD card.

Anyway, good luck with the comparison, it should be fascinating, assuming that you can observe any kind of difference, in theory they should provide almost identical results at this level, should they not?  Or maybe not? Huh
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation - by Confused - 16-Jun-2019, 10:17