Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
"Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation
Yesterday I had an unresolved discussion with the Sonore guy on Roon, where he was promoting his optical set-up. An optical based streaming system is a very good idea for computer types, and he said he is making an optical output module to be fitted inside SoniucOrbiter servers. My interest was only focused on the merits, if any, of his media converter against the mass market ones in a bridge set-up. Is there more to be gained from the converter or the power supplying it? I understood converters were very simple devices. My bridge is between router and Innuos server, which then feeds Devialet. The bridge is currently a 240v Cisco 3560 switch feeding a TPLink powered by a SOTM 9v battery. I've just spent £20 on another TPLink converter to replace the Cisco. The SOTM 9v will power both, so only needed £5 for a 9v splitter. Someone else can spend £270 to try the Sonore converter. Sonore haven't yet re-engineered the SFP module, they sell TPLink ones on their site.

Main recent change is whole system powered by Shunyata from a UK6.
250 Pro CI; Innuos Zen Mk3; Claro dual turntable (Expert Stylus Denon + OL Aladdin Mk2); RCM Sensor2; Wilson Sabrina; OePhi speaker cables; Puritan PM156 conditioner and Ultimate cables.

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation - by ssfas - 18-Jun-2019, 02:47