Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
"Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation
Hi Guys...

Long time no see...

Unfortunately I am no more part of the Devialet family, but still miss my D800 dearly.

Anyhow, a lot of water has passed under the bridge an now I have a much simpler system (see the signature).

I have been following topics on and off, and since I am still very much into digital streaming, this one picked my attention. I would like to give my 2c...

I am a big fan of audiophile switches and very much enjoy my now aging battery powered Paul Pang switch. (which reaches to the dCS Network Bridge using TP Link Media Converters (battery powered) and all copper cables are SOTM CAT7).

What I want to mention is the router bit. My room is on another floor from my internet access. I recently moved to Google Mesh network so I can have a wireless access to internet from my listening room. The reason to move to the Google system (from Apple set) was that the Google Mesh nodes are powered by USB-C so I thought I could power that last bit by battery as well. Boy I was right. A simple Anker battery is now powering my mesh access, which is then connected to the PPA switch. Using a decent USB-C cable from Samsung, the performance is beautiful. Not only on Tidal but through Roon local disk as well. I now have Audioquest Cinnamon USB cable on order, which, I hope, will further improve the setup.

Cheers...

Kunter
Kii Three, dCS Network Bridge, Roon Nucleus, Kuzma (Stabi S, 4Point), Soundsmith StrainGauge, Stromtank, Echole Cables 
Istanbul, Turkey

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation - by Kunter - 29-Jun-2019, 19:49