Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
"Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation
(08-Jul-2019, 19:17)Johnnydev Wrote:
(16-Jun-2019, 14:20)GuillaumeB Wrote: Hi all, the Telegärtner M12 Gold has been here for a few days.  Big Grin

Overall very impressive indeed although I am yet to conduct proper A/B testing with the SOtM. I hope to have a bit of time over the next few days and will report back.

What I should point out thus far however is that I have now settled with one media converter between router and first switch (SOtM). For some reason with 2 media converters (creating the bridge) and feeding my Draytek switch which in turn fed the SOtM (x2) via a 20M run of AQ Carbon ethernet cable resulted in a sound that whilst initially quite impressive I found a little too airy and not focussed enough, resulting in reduced enjoyment and some head scratching on my part.

Now I don't know much about these things but I wondered if in that setup the bridge wasn't "robbing Peter to pay Paul".

In the current setup I have therefore made 2 big changes: one is replacing the Draytek with one of the SOtM switches, and removing one media converter from the equation. As a result I can't be sure why I prefer what I now hear, there are just too many variables. But this is clearly better than having an optical bridge feeding into the Draytek which in turn feeds 2 bridged SOtMs. 

To properly A/B the Telegärtner and SOtM switches I will need to reinsert the Draytek, remove the bridge.... essentially simplify everything back down. 

Guillaume

Hi Guillaume 

Any news? 

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation - by Johnnydev - 13-Jul-2019, 14:27