Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
"Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation
(03-Oct-2019, 07:31)octaviars Wrote: Well my dealer sell lots of Ansuz and I also own one of their powerstrips and they make great cables but the prices are way up there on the better series (Asia is their top market and expensive equals good stuff there).

@baconbrain I hope to snatch a etherREGEN from the first batch when they go on sale next week. There are some new pictures of it and to me this looks like a well designed product at a fair price compared to much els that is just a ordinary switch with some makeup. The possibility to connect it to a 10MHz referens is mostly a sales "gimick" as Uptone calls it as it will be hard to beat a Crystek clock connected with a LVDS signal on the circuitboard (but it is there so it will be a good thing for them that use the Mutec REF10 and a endpoint that also runs a 10MHz signal).

Hi octaviars great pics and info, you must be very excited.

I would be very surprised indeed if connecting a good master clock to the etherREGEN didn't make a pretty profound difference. Anyway I imagine it will be great fun experimenting.

Cheers,

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation - by GuillaumeB - 03-Oct-2019, 11:27