Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
"Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation
(09-Oct-2019, 15:16)octaviars Wrote: Yes you needed to be fast @Antoine I am on vacaition in Side, Turkey and the wifi at the hotel was a bit shakey so I was not confident to be able to make it.

Compared to many other offerings the etherREGEN is so much more sofisticated by design and at a reasonable price as Uptones aim are directed towards SOtM. 

My system will look like this with the etherREGEN in place. Might be regular LAN between router and etherREGEN but I have SFP modules and fibercable laying around so might just try it.

Hi Octaviars, I think we were both sure the first batch would sell out quickly so acted accordingly. Smile My experience with hotel/public wifi hotspots is exactly like you describe so I’m happy it worked out for you.

I agree, the etherregen being purpose built seems to hold all the right cards so it should perform well but as always the proof of the pudding is in the eating. I look forward to it and would rather have seen the reactions of the beta testers in the mean time but I can understand why Alex has requested to not share their experiences until the device is out there with the first batch clients.

You have a nice setup and I would place the etherregen exactly where you put in in the chain. I will update my own diagram later as well and post it here. 

Enjoy the rest of your vacation!  Smile
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation - by Antoine - 11-Oct-2019, 13:43