Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
"Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation
(15-Oct-2019, 08:41)David A Wrote: My experience is that source (server) -> ethernet cable with or without switch -> Devialet  produces better results than source (server) -> USB cable -> Devialet.

David, As you said earlier and I think everyone agrees, 'better' is a personal thing. Can you please describe what 'better' means to your ears? I've recently started using an MIT SL Matrix USB cable between my Mac mini and Expert and it sounds much cleaner, less edgy in the highs, therefore more open and musical. It somewhat surprised me how much 'better' it sounds than with the Curious USB.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation - by Pim - 15-Oct-2019, 09:57