Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
"Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation
(10-Nov-2019, 13:51)Confused Wrote: Right, that's enough of Brexit on this thread.  My fault I know, but it is very off topic.  Although I do wonder how Brenda from Bristol can make it all the way to Australia only using "normal" Ethernet switches, rather than the superior audiophile variants?   Angel  (One of my occasional "objectivist" moments there....)

Anyway, back on topic.  I started this thread way back in April 2018, with the comment "My bet, the Uptone switch is expected to be under $500 and I think it might just prove to be the best of the bunch.  Time will tell."

OK - The $500 price tag has gone up a little, but the "time will tell bit has now arrived".  It looks like the first EtherRegen's have now shipped, and a "listening impressions" thread has started, see link below.  Such has been the excitement and fever surrounding the Uptone launch, I was fully expecting to read lots of glowing reviews from the early adaptors, that's just how it is.  I expect the more considered and sober reports will come in time.  Meanwhile, some interesting reading, and yes, it does look positive so far.

https://audiophilestyle.com/forums/topic...pressions/

So who is going to be first to attach one to a Devialet and report back?

Plus, it would be very interesting if someone were to set up a blind test of one of these devices against a "normal" switch, or maybe one of the other more expensive "Audiophile" offerings.

I go attach my etherregen to my phantom golds and i am on the first batch, shipping this week Rolleyes

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation - by Johnnydev - 10-Nov-2019, 14:21