Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
"Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation
(10-Nov-2019, 17:13)octaviars Wrote: @Antoine dont the simplified version look really tempting Smile 

My set-up with the etherRegen will be like this.

Yes it does look tempting, but it has to be better.  Smile I owe it to myself to test this one day, should be easy enough. But “unfortunately” the first person (Larry/lmitche) who tested whether upstream changes (in this case the server connected to the A side of the ER) still had an effect reported they do and even more than before.

(10-Nov-2019, 20:33)baconbrain Wrote:
(10-Nov-2019, 16:05)Antoine Wrote: Now if only AIR/RAAT would be stable and sound as good (perhaps it will, don’t know right now!) and anything upstream of the etherREGEN would not matter in any way it would be possible to simplify my setup massively

My gut feeling tells me that you will still prefer the USB / AES connection over RAAT ... Smile

Time and some ‘empirical research’ as in testing and listening will tell!  Smile
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation - by Antoine - 11-Nov-2019, 15:24