Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
"Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation
(11-Nov-2019, 16:05)thumb5 Wrote:
(11-Nov-2019, 15:24)Antoine Wrote: ...
Yes it does look tempting, but it has to be better.  Smile I owe it to myself to test this one day, should be easy enough. But “unfortunately” the first person (Larry/lmitche) who tested whether upstream changes (in this case the server connected to the A side of the ER) still had an effect reported they do and even more than before.

That suggests to me either that the perceived changes are psychological (e.g. due to bias), or that the theory and/or engineering of the EtherRegen are flawed.  My money would be on the former -- not that anyone should care Smile

To be honest the same exact thoughts always cross my mind as well until I hear for myself (or not). Not that I’m not susceptible to any kind of suggestion or bias of course. Smile

I did ask Larry to confirm if it really was the server upstream on the A side (and not the DAC attached endpoint on the ‘fully optimized’ B-side) and he just confirmed. First and only ‘data point’ thus far claiming this so I’m curious if others will report similar findings or the opposite like Alex of Uptone did.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation - by Antoine - 11-Nov-2019, 16:50