Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
"Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation
(25-Nov-2019, 17:37)Antoine Wrote: Me being lazy, sorry, why don’t I just copy paste the short bit of text I posted to AS here! Smile

My first impressions/listening notes after my first listen (I’m not counting the 15 minutes or so I listened when I hooked it up) and around 140 house of continuous operation of the ER.

In short: WOW!

Stronger foundation, more punch and the (upper) bass/lower midrange octaves seem to have filled up a bit in my system
Microdetail in spades without distracting or anything specific drawing my attention
More ambiance or reverb is heard, better soundstaging in all three dimensions
Incredible separation, delineation and natural portrayal of voices and instruments (harmonies OMG)
Emotion is really oozing from recordings
Less digititis (again?!), no sharpness, peaky or intermingled/smeared highs, just well balanced not dark or filtered in any way. Lively recordings still sound lively.

One very weird ‘effect’; music seems to play a bit slower, of course it doesn’t (or so I hope) but I think this is because it sounds more right and relaxed (good thing!) It must be my brain adjusting to something no longer there or the opposite: missing before.

Very happy so far!!! Thank you Alex and John!

My system topology in attached picture (clickable for larger version). The ER is a drop in replacement for a TP Link MC220L fiber ethernet converter plus EMO Systems EN-HD70 LAN isolator. I’ll update my system details in my profile next.

It's good to see a review from a Devialet user and even better that it's positive. It looks like I might have a good time in January when I get mine from the 3rd production run.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation - by David A - 25-Nov-2019, 21:02