Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
"Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation
(26-Nov-2019, 15:36)Antoine Wrote: @David A I think so too! Smile Feedback is almost unanimously positive.

I realize I was talking mostly about qualitative changes and used some superlatives. While they’re for me very valuable improvements some people might think it’s like new speakers which of course is not the case. Just saying, to not set expectations too high. Smile

Don't set my expectations too high!   Huh  I've got no idea what my expectations are. Smile

There are a couple of things I've learnt over the years:

- even if you get what you expect, say an increase in bass or a drop in the noise floor, the actual result always manages to sound different to what you expect it to sound like because that change always has an effect on how you hear other aspects of the sound; and

- changes always are more noticeable when you first hear them so the magnitude of the change seems larger. Over the course of a week or two as you become accustomed to the change you notice it less and if you try swapping back to the previous setup then the change back always sounds less dramatic than your impression of the original change.

I hope to hear a difference and I hope to like that difference but as to just what that difference is going to do to the sound overall and how I feel about the change as a whole isn't something I have any expectations about. Changes never seem to come without some level of surprise in my experience, they're never just what i've anticipated when I have had expectations.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation - by David A - 27-Nov-2019, 01:04