Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
"Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation
Earlier than expected, I got my hands on the Silent Angel Bonn N8 switch today. It is still early days, as I only have it connected and doing it's job for less than an hour, but as with many nice tweaks, the effect is easily and immediately audible. No uncertainty about that.

So here are my first impressions @Flashman: Although the effect is still growing, the reproduced music sounds different indeed. Apparent is the bigger and deeper soundstage. But there is something else. The music seems, to my ears at least, somewhat more balanced and natural sounding. The standard switch I used before made the music sound a bit sharp edged and sometimes made recordings sound a bit "thin". Very detailed, but less balanced as mids and lows were less present in the mix. This now is different. Details are still there, but they are less 'in your face'. Lows seem to go deeper, but are still very clear and maybe a bit more layered than before. So far I am impressed.

I will take some more time to let the new switch settle in, before I will report back with my final opinion. In comparison with the cost of some other brand switches this switch seems to do a nice job for those who want to tweak their streaming network without busting the bank.
Aurender N10 - Kharma Enigma Signature AES/EBU - Devialet 400 - MIT SL-Matrix 28s - Audio Physic Virgo 25 Plus - IsoAcoustics Gaia II - AudioQuest Diamond RCA-AES between Master and Companion - Silent Angel Bonn N8 - AudioQuest Diamond Ethernet cable - Keces P3 with Hifi-Tuning Supreme 3 Silver fuse - GigaWatt 16A automatic circuit breaker - Vibex One 6 Cu - Shunyata Research ΞTRON Alpha Digital and ΞTRON Z PC-10 powercords - Qobuz 24 bit Studio

The Netherlands

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation - by kerkhoffd - 12-Dec-2019, 15:29