Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
"Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation
(15-Dec-2019, 09:34)thumb5 Wrote:
(15-Dec-2019, 03:15)David A Wrote: ...
And if the listener says something like "I do/don't hear a difference" ... would interpret that statement as meaning that there is or is not a genuine difference unless there is an indication elsewhere in their report that they were referring to their personal experience.

That's the part that surprises me, but thanks for being explicit.

(Sorry for having somewhat de-railed the thread.)

Maybe this will explain it: too much time in the Philosophy department at University including some time on formal logic. The standard approach is pretty much to regard a statement as universally applicable unless there's a qualifying statement present restricting the scope of its operation so if I don't see a qualification, I interpret the statement as having no qualifications.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation - by David A - 15-Dec-2019, 12:26