Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
"Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation
Quote:It has been plugged in and running for about one hour now, the sPS-500 is set to 7V. I was a little concerned about the reports regarding how hot the EtherRegen runs, but fed with 7V it does not seem too bad to me. I can hold my hand on the top of the case fairly comfortably, yes it is hot, but I would say that it certainly runs cooler than my microRendu did in the past.

@Confused I have tried both 7V and 12V (use 12V now) and John Swenson also stated that it will run at the same temperature with any voltage. I have mine in a cabinet with all my other network equipment and this is fan cooled. The cabinet is around 30C and the etherRegen is idle at 46C and when it has been playing for many hours it is around 48C (mu NUC with ROCK in a Akasa case is a couple of centimiters from it so this might heat it up a bit when it has been powered on for many hours).

I have it mounted on the side of the cabinet and plans to mount two heatsinks with heatpads to it, one on the back and one on the front to maximize heat transfer from it and I might add more ventilation to the cabinet to cool things down more.

Looking forward to hear more about your thoughts about the eR and how feeding the Devialet directly with RAAT from it compared to the "spaghetti" solution  Smile
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation - by octaviars - 15-Dec-2019, 17:57