Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
"Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation
That is good news. Thanks for sharing @kt66. I think the guys from Silent Angel (Thunder Data) were the source. They stated their switching power supply is so good it can hardly be improved upon for reasonable money. I too found the switch (when new) missed something. First hour or so, the highs were a bit muffled. Then the highs were a bit sharp for a day or what. Now the balance is just right. Detailed and very transparant without sounding thin. That said, I am always in for an experiment that can improve sound quality, so I recently e-mailed the Kemp company on this same question, and the founder replied by saying there were two linear power supplies they had tested that made a set with the Bonn N8 integrated sound even better; the Keces P3 (€400) and the Farad Super3 (€530) power supplies. He also said the Farad had an even better effect than the Keces and I read about changing the fuse in the Farad/Keces power supply for an hifi-tuning fuse for an even further extended effect. So if money is no object, there seems to be a positive effect by changing the power supply.
Aurender N10 - Kharma Enigma Signature AES/EBU - Devialet 400 - MIT SL-Matrix 28s - Audio Physic Virgo 25 Plus - IsoAcoustics Gaia II - AudioQuest Diamond RCA-AES between Master and Companion - Silent Angel Bonn N8 - AudioQuest Diamond Ethernet cable - Keces P3 with Hifi-Tuning Supreme 3 Silver fuse - GigaWatt 16A automatic circuit breaker - Vibex One 6 Cu - Shunyata Research ΞTRON Alpha Digital and ΞTRON Z PC-10 powercords - Qobuz 24 bit Studio

The Netherlands

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation - by kerkhoffd - 26-Dec-2019, 17:47