Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
"Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation
(26-Dec-2019, 17:47)kerkhoffd Wrote: That is good news. Thanks for sharing @kt66. I think the guys from Silent Angel (Thunder Data) were the source. They stated their switching power supply is so good it can hardly be improved upon for reasonable money. I too found the switch (when new) missed something. First hour or so, the highs were a bit muffled. Then the highs were a bit sharp for a day or what. Now the balance is just right. Detailed and very transparant without sounding thin. That said, I am always in for an experiment that can improve sound quality, so I recently e-mailed the Kemp company on this same question, and the founder replied by saying there were two linear power supplies they had tested that made a set with the Bonn N8 integrated sound even better; the Keces P3 (€400) and the Farad Super3 (€530) power supplies. He also said the Farad had an even better effect than the Keces and I read about changing the fuse in the Farad/Keces power supply for an hifi-tuning fuse for an even further extended effect. So if money is no object, there seems to be a positive effect by changing the power supply.

Hey! Thanks for sharing.

If money is no object, the new Melco S100 switch could be an option. It has a section with 100Mb ports and a section with 1Gb ports.

Only one of the gigabit ports is optimized for audio and Melco advises to use it for Roon (since Roon is heavy on the network). For connecting your 'audio' equipment they recommend to use the 100Mb ports. So no issue with the Devialet Smile

Ow yeah... it costs 2000 euros. Better gives a huge improvement in sound, but I believe many of us have better sound by spending the 2000 euros on room accoustics or so. My five cents...

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation - by Stino - 26-Dec-2019, 21:11